About Me

My photo
Who are you writing to? We are writing to college aged students about the tricks for bargain hunting and when to skip the bargain and invest. Why should someone follow your blog? We will provide great tips and information on getting the most "bang for your buck." What can they expect? (How often will you update? What will you cover? Etc.) We will update once a week and will offer a new tip or piece of advice to make you the wisest shopper on the sales floor! When you don't have a lot of money to spend on your wardrobe, it's important to be a savvy shopper and it's our blog's job to help you become that!

Saturday, March 3, 2012

One Garment, Seven Ways

 Ciao tutti! (Hi all!)
Now I must reveal something about myself...

...I'm addicted to travel. Not just traveling anywhere. I have a tendency to always end up back in Italy (going on four times after this summer). When I first went to Italy, I was eighteen and blew my savings from minimum wage jobs that I had held since sixteen. I lived in Firenze for two months by myself and, as a natural-born fashionista, my activities regularly included browsing the local shops and markets [mercati]. Oh, I could kill to be able to reach those markets anytime I wanted! The unique pieces you'd find there were unlike anything else I'd ever found in stores here in the States. I have the most amazing collection of Florentine leather products and Pashmina scarves. My favorite thing to hear when I wear them: " Where did you get that?!"

I feel as though I don't even have to tell you--I didn't have to pay much for these items in the market. Bargaining was the name of the game and, boy, did I abuse that right! Being a thrifty chic shopper, it's important to keep your eye out for those special pieces--the ones that look like they could be from some exquisite boutique in a far away land that no one has ever heard of. These pieces can make your wardrobe more memorable and more fun to work with. When you are being thrifty, you do not want to simply shop at cheap stores like Forever 21 and H & M. You want to keep fresh and the best way to do that is to invest or search for a couple unique (but timeless if you're spending $$$$) pieces that you can wear a bunch of different ways. One piece of this nature can be the same as buying seven different pieces! See below for some examples....
 
  +
+

 +
______________________________________________________________
 +
 +
 +

______________________________________________________________
 +
  +

______________________________________________________________
 +
  +
  +
______________________________________________________________
 +
 +
 +
______________________________________________________________

+

 +
+
 ______________________________________________________________

 +

 +
+
(Items seen here are available at UrbanOutfitters.com and Anthropologie.com)

Now that you have an example of how one piece can really spruce up your wardrobe (and you get the most use out of it which = more bang for your buck)....

Go forth and shop beautifully.
-Kristina K.

No comments:

Post a Comment