About Me

My photo
Who are you writing to? We are writing to college aged students about the tricks for bargain hunting and when to skip the bargain and invest. Why should someone follow your blog? We will provide great tips and information on getting the most "bang for your buck." What can they expect? (How often will you update? What will you cover? Etc.) We will update once a week and will offer a new tip or piece of advice to make you the wisest shopper on the sales floor! When you don't have a lot of money to spend on your wardrobe, it's important to be a savvy shopper and it's our blog's job to help you become that!

Saturday, March 17, 2012

Playful Cabaret


Hey bargain bloggers! I am back to introduce another color that is on the list of color trends by Pantone for spring 2012. The color that I am sharing this week is called Cabaret which is a hot pink with cool blue undertones. It is also described by Pantone as a rose violet. Since I work in a mall, I often window shop at other stores to see what is popular for right now. I like to think of it as a casual way of keeping up with the trends. In my recent visits, I have seen this color everywhere! It is used on every blouse, skirt, and even jeans. I would have to say that this Cabaret is almost as popular for spring as Tangerine Tango.
            As much as I love Tangerine Tango, I think that I love Cabaret more for spring. I think that I am naturally drawn to pinks, mostly because I am really girly, but what I love most about this color is that it is a wearable shade of hot pink. Because this is a cool shade, it would look flattering on most skin tones; warmer shades such as Tangerine Tango are a little harder to pull off.
            So as I was window-shopping, I did find a few pieces that incorporate this fun color, but at affordable prices. Remember, you don’t have to spend a lot of money to be fashionable. It’s all about how you wear it ;) Enjoy!
-Olivia W.


Urban Outfitters $59.00

Forever 21 $13.80

Urban Outfitters $59.00

Lucky Brand $69.50

Urban Outfitters $59.00

Urban Outfitters $59.00

Urban Outfitters $49.00

Heritage 1981 $16.90

Forever 21 $9.80


No comments:

Post a Comment